Save on Water Bills
Rain is our free source of clean fresh water. It feeds our creeks and rivers, freshwater lakes, springs and aquifers, dams and reservoirs. However, it doesn’t always fall where and when it is needed, and in the quantities we would like. Even in the good years rainfall is usually seasonal and often unreliable. Droughts and floods are part of life, especially in Australia.
Rapidly expanding suburban areas, especially around our capitol cities, have outpaced the capacity of our dams and reservoirs to service their demands for water. This is forcing up costs of supply, and ever-increasing water rates are now the norm.
Water conservation, and installing off-grid storage capacity, to help maintain our precious lawns, trees and gardens, are therefore very good ideas.
Rainwater Harvesting is the Key
PFT 1000 can play a part
Some interesting figures:
- When full, the PFT 1000 holds 1 cubic metre of water (which weighs 1 tonne)
- The average size of an Australian suburban house is approximately 230m2
- A ‘light to moderate’ shower of rain is when between 2 to 10 mm falls per hour.
- To fill one PFT 1000 with water harvested from the average suburban roof area would require a minimum of only about 5mm of rain, if no allowance is made for evaporation and other wastage. So, even allowing for these losses, and even if only half the roof area is harvested, only a ‘light to moderate’ shower will be required to fill our tanks.
PFT 1000’s special features make it the ideal solution
- Attractive design, in a choice of four colours – Marine, Cream, Heritage Green, Slate Grey – that will complement your garden settings
- Easily transportable – the PFT 1000 weighs only 26 kg in its box, and fits in the back of most SUVs and station wagons.
- Easy to assemble (under 10 minutes), by one or two people, with no special tools or technical knowledge required.
- Can be coupled to roof guttering and downpipes, and installed with taps and hose fittings, using standard PVC plumbing fittings. (GreenCo recommends PFT 1000 are most effective if raised off the ground, say, on a platform of treated pine sleepers)
- PFT 1000 can be easily linked together, using standard PVC fittings, thereby increasing storage capacity by thousands of litres.
- Perfect for smaller gardens, especially those with limited access.
- Ideal for houses on sloping blocks, where the area under the house makes it possible to position one or more tanks. (For example, with an under-the-house area of just 1.5m x 4.0m, and with headroom of 1.5m, three PFT1000 can be positioned and linked together to provide 3,000 litres water storage capacity.)
- Water stored in PFT 1000 is both mosquito safe and evaporation free.
- Each PFT 1000 comes with a 10-year warranty
Winner of the Green Smart Award – Housing Industries Australia, 2014